v0.58 marks the major feature addition of randomized dust storms to Lacuna Passage. The best way to quickly experience the new dust storms is to start a new game with the Big Storm scenario detailed below. If you want a quick timelapse of what dust storms look like you can check out this video:
- Added randomized dust storms that can slowly move across the map and impact your visibility, mobility, and navigation functions.
- Added a survival sandbox scenario select screen with three currently available options: No Dust Storms Mode, Standard Mode with occasionally spawning dust storms, and Big Storm Mode which will start with a large dust storm hitting Habitat Alpha within the first 3-7 Sols.
- Added small blowing dust clouds over the entire map.
- Added randomly spawning dust devils.
- All habitat interiors now have an airlock exit sign to differentiate the two doors.
- The screen no longer fades completely to black during exterior module repairs. You can now see time pass in your HUD and the cost to your oxygen and battery in accelerated time during the repair.
- Fixed issue with exterior module resource generation when sleeping for long periods.
- Fixed issue with RTGs not generating exterior module resources properly at night.
- Fixed incorrect description of Multitool. Multitools now explicitly mention that they can be used as a Cutting Tool, Building Tool, and Engineering Tool.
- The objective LAT and LONG is now updated while placing a custom objective in the Navigation app.
- Fixed issue with some Drill Rover locations not being added to navigation.
- Fixed incorrect randomization of exterior module component integrity values for the southeastern-most habitat location.
- Scanner is now automatically disabled when entering a habitat to prevent unintended scanner highlights while indoors.
- Fixed issue with incorrect habitat resource values being displayed when accessing the EVA suit management screen between two different habitats.
- Fixed incorrect texture on water reclaimers.
- Fixed incorrect exhaustion recovery value when consuming water.
- Sleeping for 0 hours is now allowed as a way to save without sleeping. Was previously only accessible by cycling the time value in one direction.
- Fixed issue with the starting landing pod changing positions after loading a saved game.
- Fixed a floating rock at a solar panel discovery location.
- Fixed issue where some exterior module components were unable to be removed.
Keep in mind that this now makes the weather monitoring functions of the Waypoint Stations worth maintaining since they can warn you of an incoming dust storm and you can track the visibility at each WayStat location with the function enabled via installed fuses.
Many of these changes were prioritized based on feedback provided by players on our Feedback Forum. Help me determine future development priorities by posting your ideas, suggestions, and bug reports there.