Time is relative. Sometimes 10 seconds can feel like an eternity... In TIMEframe you will discover a world in slow motion. Explore the remnants of a mysterious civilization on the brink of destruction. A melancholy soundtrack will accompany you on your journey, highlighting each location you visit with its own unique theme... culminating in a world-changing event. TIMEframe is a short, thoughtful experience you won't soon forget.
TIMEframe was originally created for the Ludum Dare 27 game jam competition by Random Seed Games, inspired by games like Proteus and Dear Esther. After a very positive reception an updated version was created for commercial release to expand on the themes of the prototype.
- Relaxing, meditative world scattered with intrigue and history for you to uncover.
- Dynamic soundtrack composed by musician Clark Aboud, featuring beautiful classical guitar, piano, and cello arrangements.
- Unique polygonal art style reminiscent of early 3D Playstation and N64 games with modern graphical flourishes layered throughout.
- 10 minute playthrough "loops" are highly replayable, with more to uncover than can be found in one play session.
TIMEframe Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection for the Multiplicidade Festival - TIMEframe" Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August, 2015
- "There’s a sombre pace to it, a melancholic atmosphere (as you might expect), and an ambient calmness to it all. It’s beautiful, and thanks to a splendid soundtrack, it sounds beautiful too."
- John Walker, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "A sensory experience that dares to forge ahead into new territory in a mostly saturated market of similar ideas. It takes time to truly understand the value that TIMEframe delivers, but your patience will be rewarded immensely."
- Jeff Williams, WCCF Tech
- "Probably one of the most original games I’ve ever played."
- Paul Ryan, Brash Games
Original music created by Clark Aboud clarkaboudmusic.bandcamp.com.
About Random Seed Games
Random Seed Games is an independent game developer working on unique experiences for the PC.
More information on Random Seed Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.