The Monster Inside
A private investigator works his way through a world of lurking beasts, powerful magic, and a string of unusual crime scenes while trying to keep a handle on his strange illness. Uncover the truth in this short but biting tale of lust, instinct, and deception. A haunting film noir soundtrack accompanies four unique diorama-like environments in this simple text adventure.
The Monster Inside was originally created for the Ludum Dare 33 game jam competition by Random Seed Games, inspired by noir films and old school adventure games. After a very positive reception an updated version was created for free release.
- Seven story chapters with achievements
- Six permit violation notices
- Five immersive noir music tracks
- Four treatment pills every morning
- Three mysterious deaths
- Two-packs-a-day smoking habit
- One high-functioning alcoholic
The Monster Inside Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "This game has you looking at more than just the people around you. Trust no one as you try to figure out what has happened to all these important people."
- Jupiter Hadley, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "Sit down, enjoy a well-paced story with some groovy music. Feel like the washed up, scummy P.I. with a drinking problem. Feel that smoldering cigarette dangle from your lips as you pour another glass of liquor."
- Hold To Reset
Original music created by Clark Aboud soundcloud.com/clarkaboud.
About Random Seed Games
Random Seed Games is an independent game developer working on unique experiences for the PC.
More information on Random Seed Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.